Health Care Worker (band 1)
Pay Rate (ph)
Birmingham and the West Midlands area
Part Time, Days, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays,
Health Care Worker (band 1)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Care Services Manager
We are looking for band 1 care worker to deliver high level of quality care to Learning, Physical Disabilities and Challenging Behaviour clients (Children & Adults).
Do you live in the Birmingham area and possess all it takes to care and genuinely look after vulnerable clients, look no further as we are currently recruiting.
- To provide a Service of Care to service users to enable them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible.
- This Care Service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each service user in the form of a Care Plan.
- Care duties will therefore include assisting the service user with activities such as support with all aspects of personal hygiene, assisting with medication, attending appointments, shopping and general cleaning duties. In so doing will at all times observe and respect the service user’s dignity, privacy and independence as far as practical.
- To conform to all Policies and Procedures laid down by the Organisation in respect of carrying out these Care Duties and in other administrative aspects of the business, as relevant.
- To participate as directed by the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor in Induction Training and regular In-service Training programmes.
- To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of service user care, diary sheets, time sheets and mileage sheets.
- To participate in Staff, Team and Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor.
- To report back to the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor on any aspect of service user care which he / she feels warrants investigation or urgent action.
- To participate in reviews of service users’ Care Plans as required.
- To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties, as set out in Policy No 1005.
- Good communication and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships, also the ability to interact with different people.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- A flexible and practical approach.
- Willing to work towards completing Care Certificate.
- Able to work under supervision and take direction from more experienced members of the team.
- Able to undertake a range of tasks such as providing all aspects of personal care and use of mobility aids.
- Willingness to develop skills and progress to a band 2 care worker.
- Some experience of caring for a family member/friend.
- Car driver.
This is a personally rewarding role where indeed the sky will be the limit for you. Basically, you can go as far as you want; and we are ready to support you all the way on your journey. You will have opportunity to get access to trainings and also to move onto higher care banding level provided you are willing; whilst delivering exceptional care and support to our service user and really making an impact on their day to day life.
Why work for Solution2Care Services?
We specialise in the provision of domiciliary and highly complex clinical care services delivered in the homes of service users.
We are passionate about delivering the highest standard of care and we recognise that our Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers are integral to doing this. In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive:
- Flexible hours to suit
- Confirmed rotas
- Excellent rates of pay
- Holiday pay
- Full clinical training
- Statutory sick pay*
- Opportunity to work with other service users in the area
- Ongoing professional training and development
If you have the experience we are looking for, but the hours may not suit you on this position, please do not hesitate to call and speak to our dedicated recruitment team on 0121 667 2111 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this position
0121 667 2111
Request call back
Request a call-back from our team to discuss your requirements.
Arrange an appointment for our team to assess your needs.
How much will it cost? Request your no obligation quote now.