Complex Health Care Worker (band 3)
Pay Rate (ph)
£10.95 – £13.00
Birmingham and the West Midlands area
Part Time, Days, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays,
Preferable but not essential.
Complex Health Care Worker (band 3)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Clinical Lead (Nurse)
Are you looking to expand your skills and enhance your career to include providing Complex Clinical Care or do you already have Complex Care experience?
Solution2Care Services are seeking experienced Complex Health Care Workers to support our varying age group of services users – both elderly, adult and children.
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate Health Care Assistants who are passionate about their job, enjoy delivering one to one support and who can build positive relationships with our service users and their families.
- To provide a Service of Care to service users to enable them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible.
- This Care Service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each service user in the form of a Care Plan.
- Care duties will therefore include assisting the service user with activities such as support with all aspects of personal hygiene, assisting with medication, attending appointments, shopping and general cleaning duties. In so doing will at all times observe and respect the service user’s dignity, privacy and independence as far as practical.
- To conform to all Policies and Procedures laid down by the Organisation in respect of carrying out these Care Duties and in other administrative aspects of the business, as relevant.
- To participate as directed by the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor in Induction Training and regular In-service Training programmes.
- To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of service user care, diary sheets, time sheets and mileage sheets.
- To participate in Staff, Team and Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor.
- To report back to the Domiciliary Care Services Manager / Supervisor on any aspect of service user care which he / she feels warrants investigation or urgent action.
- To participate in reviews of service users’ Care Plans as required.
- To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties, as set out in Policy No 1005.
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships, also the ability to interact with different people, whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- A flexible and practical approach to the role.
- Ability to identify changes in client conditions and take appropriate action.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to maintain clear and concise documentation.
- Experience of being the senior carer on a package.
- Ability to delegate tasks as well as receive instruction.
- Able to undertake a range of tasks such as providing all aspects of personal care and use of mobility aids.
- Experience of MAR charts and assisting with medication administration.
- Experience of ordering medication and appropriate storage in the home.
- Ability to lone work and maintain professional boundaries.
- Evidence of up to date moving and handling and medication administration training.
- Evidence of level 3 certification.
- Experience of caring for clients requiring respiratory support such as oxygen, suctioning, and non invasive ventilation (NIV)
- Experience of caring for clients requiring abdominal peg or nasogastric tube feeding.
- Experience of catheter care.
- Some experience of being the senior carer on a care package.
- Experience of stoma care.
- Car driver.
Training can be provided where necessary.
This is a personally rewarding role where you can build on your clinical skills and experience, whilst delivering exceptional care and support to our service user and really making an impact on her day to day life.
Why work for Solution2Care Services?
We specialise in the provision of highly complex clinical care services delivered in the homes of service users.
We are passionate about delivering the highest standard of care and we recognise that our Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers are integral to doing this. In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive:
- Flexible hours to suit
- Confirmed rotas
- Excellent rates of pay
- Holiday pay
- Full clinical training
- Statutory sick pay*
- Opportunity to work with other service users in the area
- Ongoing professional training and development
If you have the experience we are looking for, but the hours may not suit you on this position, please do not hesitate to call and speak to our dedicated recruitment team on 0121 667 2111 or email on email@example.com.
Apply for this position
0121 667 2111
Request call back
Request a call-back from our team to discuss your requirements.
Arrange an appointment for our team to assess your needs.
How much will it cost? Request your no obligation quote now.