We all grow old, it’s a fact of life – but this doesn’t mean we need to stop enjoying doing the things we love.
10 million people in the UK are over 65 years old, and our life expectancy is increasing, so the demand for home care for the elderly is increasing. However, with children, grandchildren and relatives leading busy working lives they can struggle to find time to provide the care that matches their parents’ and grandparents’ needs. The next obvious choice may be care homes, but at such a great cost, do you or your loved ones really want to leave their family home for an unfamiliar setting surrounding by unfamiliar people?
Solution2Care Services home care can help overcome all of these problems. An affordable alternative to a care home and a service that can relieve the stress and worry for relatives: we can care and support elderly customers with a unique care plan that will help them continue to live the lifestyle they wish.
With assistance from one of our Registered Care Managers, we will work with you as our customer and, where required or specified, your family to put in place the support that is required, along with agreed details of what support is needed and when. Care and support packages can vary in length and content from a drop in call or safety check, through to an hour or longer. Whatever the needs, we will always ensure the same carer team visits every time so a relationship can be established and the best care can be provided.
In additional to general support for older people, we also specialise in supporting people with particular age-related health conditions, such as Dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
Our Personal Care Service for Elderly People.
- Help to get up in the morning going to bed at night.
- Personal hygiene and bathing.
- Management of incontinence and assisting with toileting needs.
- Meal-time help with eating and drinking.
- Assistance with prescribed medication.
- Assistance with mobility.
Light Domestic Care Services for the Elderly.
- Bed changing.
- Vacuum cleaning and dusting.
- Washing and ironing.
- Shopping and errands (including collecting pensions and prescriptions)
- Preparing and cooking food.
- Accompanying to doctor, hospital, optician, dentist etc.
- Accompanying to social events.
We can provide the following services:
- Getting out of bed
- Washing, Bathing, Showering, Oral hygiene
- Dressing and personal appearance
- Managing continence
- Skin and hair care
- Assistance with managing medicines
- Assistance with going to bed
- Complex care
- 24 hour Live In care
- Sleeping night and waking night
- Dementia care
- Holiday help
- Short breaks (inside and outside the home)
- Social and leisure activities
- Aspergers` Syndrome
- Depression, anxiety and phobias
- Bipolar disorder
- Assistance with laundry/ironing
- Making /changing the bed
- Washing up
- Light housework
- Assistance with shopping
- Assistance with meal and drink provision
- Managing food hygiene
- Assistance with menu planning
- To assist with bill payments
- To assist with collecting pension, benefits, prescriptions
- To assist with correspondence
- To assist with use of telephone